Pages

17.6.13

The beauty in nature...

This weekend, I have been to Whitechapel Gallery and Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.I love nature and plants. Those visits made me rethink how beautiful and great nature is.


Karl Blossfeldt (1865-1932)
He was a self-taught photographer and built up the unique collection of photographic plant portraits with his homemade cameras.




Also, he mentioned the relationship between plants and architectural structures.

"The plant may be described as an architectural structure, shaped and designed ornamentally and objectively. Compelled in its fight for existence to build in a purposeful manner, it constructs the necessary to every architect, and combines practicability and expediency in the highest form of art. Not only, then, in the world of art, but equally in the realm of science, Nature is our best teacher."

The plants stand and live in nature as we, human being live in and with nature. His words reminds me of my statement for my jewellery. This is the big reason why I love nature and architecture and am inspired by them a lot.



Also, there is another work which is related to nature theme.
Giuseppe Penone, an Italian artist has examined our relationship to nature.




Romanian-born twins, Gert & Uwe Tobias make collaborative woodcuts, sculptures, collages and drawings. I was fascinated by the huge woodcuts colourful paintings which have brought me their surreal and fantasy world.




At Kew gardens, I was again impressed by nature. I don't have any words in front of those creatures, just beautiful.